Reporting to the Commissioning Coordinator, the Commissioning engineer is responsible for performing equipment and system start-ups.
To do this, his main mandates will be:
- Commission the equipment;
- Represent the company during commissioning and optimize procedures;
- Act as a reference for the staff involved in the projects.
MAIN ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the team on site to ensure efficiency, safety, etc.
- Perform all necessary interventions to analyze and improve the engineering elements and performance of Machinex equipment and systems;
- Optimize the equipment in preparation of a strategic visit with a potential customer;
- Perform service or supervision of service for equipment, projects and plants;
- Be a Machinex representative with customers;
- Participate in various committees (R & D, standardization, etc.) to improve Machinex products;
- Inform his superior of the evolution of the markets, competition and any recommendations that he considers valid for the improvement of the Machinex products.
- Evaluate equipment performance and issue recommendations for project monitoring to appropriate personnel at Machinex;
- Submit any improvement recommendations for the department, including service manuals;
- Participate to Machinex and customer operations and maintenance staff
- Ensure compliance with the company’s warranty program, analyze each claim for validity and, if necessary, propose solutions to correct the issues;
- Participate in the examine of customer complaints with designated people and carry out appropriate follow-ups;
- Minimum a technical college degree in industrial maintenance or equivalent experience directly related to the roles and responsibilities;
- Have a minimum of 6 to 8 years of field experience;
- General technical knowledge (hydraulics, pneumatics, electrics, mechanics).
- Ability to read plans and specifications;
- Have an interest and good skills in customer and team management;
- Frequent travel to customers (Canada, US and Overseas) (approximately 60%);
- 4/5 English;